This Grade 5 and 6 bundle contains 2 complete units to fulfill the expectations in the 2018 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum. The units include lessons and activities for the following strands:
• Grade 5: Interactions of Indigenous Peoples and Europeans Prior to 1713
• Grade 6: Communities in Canada, Past and Present
• Grade 5: The Role of Government and Responsible Citizenship
• Grade 6: Canada’s Interactions with the Global Community
For each strand I have blended the expectations from each grade level in a manner that allows for teachers to use ONE lesson plan for both grades. Learning goals that highlight the big ideas and Concepts of Social Studies Thinking from the curriculum form the basis for learning across both grade levels, allowing students to come together to share their inquiry learning with each other.
Included in each unit are:
• Full 3-part detailed lesson plans (in English)
• Grade-Level Appropriate Student Text Pages (in French)
• Learning Goals (in French)
• Assessment Tools (a mix of French and English)
• Students Tasks and Templates (in French)
Each lesson takes one or two class periods sessions to complete, and both units together provide a full year of learning and inquiry for your Grade 5/6 students.
You may want to check out the more complete product descriptions for each resource by clicking on the links below:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches by subscribing to my email list.