Ontario French Immersion teachers, are you looking for digital social studies units to engage your Grade 4/5 students? Check out this digital Grade 4/5 Social Studies Bundle, written to meet the expectations of the 2018 Ontario Curriculum. This full-year bundle contains a wide variety of engaging activities for your students and allows you to teach just ONE lesson to BOTH grades, using the big ideas of the curriculum! Students delve further into the lesson by exploring their own grade-level texts and tasks.
- All slides are in French, while additional teacher notes (written in English) are to the left or UNDER slides.
- This digital bundle is a companion resource for the printable (PDF) version, available for separate purchase in my TPT store. The student tasks align with the 3-part lessons in the printable version. For example, “Lesson 3” in the Strand A printable resource has the same texts and tasks as “Lesson 3” in this new digital version.
- You can check out the original printable version of the bundle here: Ontario Grade 4/5 Social Studies FRENCH Full Year Bundle
These digital resources were written for the following Ontario Social Studies Strands:
► Grade 4: Early Societies to 1500 CE
► Grade 5: Indigenous Peoples and Europeans Prior to 1713
► Grade 4: Political and Physical Regions of Canada
► Grade 5: The Role of Responsible Citizenship and Government
This blended bundle includes
• full 3-part lesson plans
• student-friendly engaging texts and tasks
• mapping activities
• hyperlinks to relevant websites and videos
• chat stations
• assessment tools
• answer keys
While I have provided a preview file for this bundle above, I also encourage you to visit both Strand A and Strand B product pages to see the individual preview files and full descriptions before purchasing.
If you have any questions about this resource, you can either use the “Q &A” section of my store OR email me directly at:
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I need to assign this resource to my students?
You will require:
❶ Access to the internet
❷ A Google Drive Account
I already own your original Grade 4/5 Strand A Social Studies bundle. Why should I consider purchasing this digital version?
✔The digital resources completely align with the regular units. This makes it extremely easy to meet IEP accommodations for specific students with little effort on your part.
✔ The digital resources are paperless, which is perfect if your school administrator is asking you to cut down on photocopying!
✔ The saturated, full-colour interactive slides are engaging for students.
✔ It’s easy to implement with distance learning.
✔ It’s just fun to use!
Can I edit this resource?
I have left 95% of the texts in editable form for two reasons:
➀ to ensure that students are able to use Google Read & Write with the activities.
➁ to allow teachers to edit texts and tasks when they feel it suitable for their class or to address IEP accommodations for specific students.
How do I collect student work?
Your students will simply complete their own copies of the lessons, and turn it into your platform (ie. Google Classroom).
Be the first to learn about new resources from Coach’s Corner! Click here to subscribe to my email list.