Introducing an all-in-one comprehensive translated into FRENCH unit on the Political and Physical Regions of Canada, specifically designed for Ontario Grade 4 teachers! Our product seamlessly blends fun and engaging activities with the 2018 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum expectations, ensuring your students are captivated while mastering important concepts.
With our “all-in-one” approach, you’ll have everything you need to guide your students through a thorough exploration of Canada’s diverse regions. This includes:
- 16 complete lesson plans
- mapping activities
- student-friendly texts and tasks for EACH province, territory, and region
- wide variety of activities for you to choose from
- lapbook templates
- assessment tools, making it easy for you to implement and track progress
- answer keys and rubric
**Please note**: Teacher Lesson Plans are in English and ALL student texts and tasks are in French
- What Do We Know About Canada?
- Mapping Canada
- Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
- Grid Mapping
- Province and Territory Grid Mapping
- Physical Regions of Canada
- Human Activity in Physical Regions
- Provinces and Territories: Lapbook Introduction
- Interesting Facts About Provinces and Territories
- Canadian Symbols
- Capital Cities
- Economic Sectors
- Tourism as an Industry
- Natural Resources
- Human Use of Natural Resources
- Natural Resources Sustainability
Beginning at Lesson 8, students will embark on an exciting journey as they individually explore a different province or territory, delving into the unique characteristics that set each region apart. By the end of the unit, each student will have created a “lapbook” focused on their specific assigned region. To enhance their learning experience, we’ve incorporated peer-to-peer learning opportunities, encouraging students to share their discoveries with classmates.
This comprehensive unit on the Political and Physical Regions of Canada is the ultimate resource for Grade 4 educators seeking a dynamic and effective way to teach this important subject. With its all-inclusive format, engaging activities, and emphasis on individual exploration and peer-to-peer learning, your students will develop a deep understanding and appreciation for Canada’s rich regional diversity!