Grade 4 Ontario teachers, make social studies easy to implement in your Grade 4 classroom with this full-year bundle that includes both printable and digital components. Having both printable AND digital (Google Slides) versions of both Strand A and Strand B gives you a full year of lessons, engaging activities, and assessment tools.
Please be sure to check out the preview for this resource before purchasing!!
This social studies bundle addresses the following strands from the Ontario curriculum:
- Strand A: Early Societies, 3000 BCE – 1500 CE
- Strand B: Political and Physical Regions of Canada
What content is covered in Strand A?
- key aspects of life in a few early societies (3000 BCE–1500 CE), each from a different region and era and representing a different culture, and describe some key similarities and differences between these early societies and present-day Canadian society
- ways of life and relationships with the environment in two of more early societies (3000 BCE–1500 CE), with an emphasis on aspects of the interrelationship between the environment and life in those societies
- key aspects of a few early societies (3000 BCE–1500 CE), each from a different region and era and representing a different culture, with reference to their political and social organization, daily life, and relationships with the environment and with each other
What content is covered in Strand B?
- key ways in which industrial development and the natural environment affect each other in two or more political and/or physical regions of Canada
- issues and challenges associated with balancing human needs/wants and activities with environmental stewardship in one or more of the political and/or physical regions of Canada
- Canada’s political and physical regions, and describe their main characteristics and some significant activities that take place in them
The two PRINTABLE resources include:
★ complete 3-part lesson plans
★ wide variety of tasks
★ grade-appropriate texts
★ mapping activities
★ Chat Stations
★ links to relevant websites and videos
★ assessment tools
★ culminating tasks
The two DIGITAL resources include:
★ EDITABLE student texts; students are able to use Google Read & Write to listen to text and record their responses if needed.
★ movable pieces
★ identical text to the printable version
★ tasks that are either identical to that of the printable version, or a close alternative covering the same content
★ clickable links
★ full-colour slides