Indigenous Peoples and Europeans Part 3: New France – For Use with Google Classroom™️ is a digital resource intended to support the 2018 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum. (This Strand A unit used to be called ) The activities in this resource correspond to the 3-part lesson plans in my regular unit: Indigenous Peoples and Europeans Part 3 – New France.
These activities allow students to explore the problems facing the colony of New France, identifying how the new governmental structures and settler habits differed from those of the Indigenous Peoples, and delve into the seigneurial system that was transferred from France to North America.
- This resource is also part of a full-strand digital unit, found here: Indigenous Peoples and Europeans BUNDLE | for Use with Google Slides/Classroom (TM)
- This Part 3 unit is also available in a French Immersion version, found here: Indigenous Peoples and Europeans Part 3: for Use with Google Slides/Classroom
This digital resource allows students to:
- use Google Read & Write to listen to texts
- type responses directly into the file
- access hyperlinks to relevant websites and videos
•Lesson 5: (adapted for distance/independent learning)
Students will be engaged in:
- evaluating the problems facing New France, and offering solutions
- making inferences from the Census of 1666
- identifying the character traits necessary for successful settlers to New France
- learning about social, political, economic and religious components of a society
Frequently Asked Questions:
What will I need to assign this resource to my students?
You will require:
❶ Access to the internet
❷ A Google Drive Account
I already own your original Grade 5 Strand A Social Studies bundle. Why should I consider purchasing this digital version?
✔The digital resources completely align with the regular units. This makes it extremely easy to meet IEP accommodations for specific students with little effort on your part.
✔ The digital resources are paperless, which is perfect if your school administrator is asking you to cut down on photocopying!
✔ The saturated, full-colour interactive slides are engaging for students.
✔ It’s easy to implement with distance learning.
✔ It’s just fun to use!
Can I edit this resource?
I have left 95% of the texts in editable form for two reasons:
➀ to ensure that students are able to use Google Read & Write with the activities.
➁ to allow teachers to edit texts and tasks when they feel it suitable for their class or to address IEP accommodations for specific students.
How do I collect student work?
Your students will simply complete their own copies of the lessons, and turn it into your platform (ie. Google Classroom).
Digital AND Printable