Communautés autochtones et européennes en Nouvelle-France – Part 1 : Avant l’arrivée des explorateurs is the FRENCH version of our Grade 5-7 social studies unit, which was created to support student learning about the early origins of North America. This inquiry-based unit, which meets the for Grade 5, provides a variety of activities meant to allow students to explore the various First Nations groups before the arrival of European explorers and settlers.
This Part 1 resource is also available in a digital (Google Slides) format, perfect for distance learning and/or meeting IEP accommodations. Check it out here:
It is ALSO available as part of of full-strand bundle, here:
Topics covered Include:
- The use of primary and secondary resources
- Major First Nations groups: land, languages, communities, shelter, food, clothing, social structures, religion, political structures, and art
- Mapping of First Nations groups
- Comparisons of different First Nations groups
- Interactions between different First Nations groups
Students will be engaged in mapping, identifying the environmental resources used by Indigenous Peoples, and choosing (and using) appropriate graphic organizers to compare different First Nations groups.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches by subscribing to my email list!