This Premières Nations et Européens en Nouvelle-France is a comprehensive bundled resource intended to support the 2018 Grade 5 Ontario Curriculum expectations for the strand. This resource has been translated by a teacher whose first language is French for use in French Immersion classrooms. Lesson plans are in English, while all student texts and tasks are in French.
This French Immersion bundle contains the following smaller units:
This very large (240+ pages) unit allows students to work through the inquiry process, (formulating questions, gathering and organizing information, analysing maps, interpreting information, evaluating evidence from both primary and secondary sources) as they investigate:
– the major First Nations groups in early Canada
– the interactions between these Indigenous groups
– the motives for European exploration in North America
– European claims to Indigenous territories
– interactions between First Nations and Europeans
– positive and negative consequences of European settlement on both Indigenous and European communities
– the effects of fur trade conflict
– the long-term effects of early Indigenous Peoples and European interactions on present-day Canadian issues
Student menus and assessmenttools are included in this bundle.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches by subscribing to my email list.