This Canadian Mapping: Chat Stations resource provides teachers with an engaging lesson plan meant to help students understand a variety of different types of maps. Groups will rotate through up to 12 different “chat stations”, each with a different map. Questions are provided for students to discuss at each station; when students have rotated through the stations, the class gathers for a large group discussion about the different types of maps, the information each provides, and how each type of map has a specific purpose.
- Teacher’s notes
- 12 different map Chat Stations
- Student recording sheets with Chat Station Numbers
- Teaching Notes for each of the stations
- 1 Blank student recording sheet template
- 1 Blank Chat Station template
Types of Maps :
- Trading (Flow)
- Population Settlement
- Population Density
- Population Distribution
- Trading (World Map)
- Land Use
- Primary Source
Would you love a free for your students? Grab it HERE!