Introducing or reviewing information about Canada’s government system can be both engaging and educational! This self-checking trivia game, based on the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum for Grade 5, supports student learning in a fun atmosphere. It can be played as a whole-class activity using a projector, or by individual students as an enrichment opportunity or extra review task.
NOTE: This is “Round 2” of my Canadian Government Trivia Game; Round 1 is also for sale at my store. Both versions have the same five categories, but completely different questions.
Check out Round 1 here.
This game can be used as an engaging end-of-unit review before a test!
This social studies activity is a Powerpoint resource. Up to five teams can play this game.
- Division of Powers
- voting age
- Chief Electoral Officer
- residency requirement
- rights and responsibilities
- citizenship ceremony
- national anthem
- Peace Tower
- Canada Day
- Remembrance Day
- Boxing Day
- House of Commons
- Sir John. A. MacDonald
- income tax
- Grade 5 Ontario Social Studies (Strand B)
- Grade 5 British Columbia and Yukon Territory Social Studies
- Grade 5 Saskatchewan Social Studies
- Grade 5 Alberta and Northwest Territories Social Studies
- Grade 7 New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador Social Studies
Other Related Products
Would you like a FREE Canadian Government Flipbook for your students? Join my email list to get your copy!