This Auggie & Me cross-curricular literature unit for 5th and 6th Grade is meant to support the R.J. Palacio book of the same name. This book study contains complete lesson plans, engaging cross-curricular activities, and answer keys. Auggie & Me is the companion book to Palacio’s hit book, Wonder.
This literature unit is organized in three parts, reflecting the organization of the book. Each section focuses on a different 5th grade student in August Pullman’s class (Julian, Chris, and Charlotte), who offer new perspectives on the events and personalities of that community. As this is an integrated unit, the activities span the following subjects:
- Reading: multiple choice and open response questions, with answers
- Writing: Email, persuasive texts, descriptions
- Vocabulary: Connections Concept Mapping, Hot Spot Game, Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
- Media Literacy: Photoshop, Forms of Communication, Texts from the Future
- Drama/Music/Art: Phantom of the Opera, Battle of the Bands/It’s the Shingaling/Minor Character Monologues/Telephone Call/Character Walk/Round Robin Monologue
- Bonus: Cracking the Math Code
Complete lesson plans are included, with learning goals and success criteria. Where appropriate, examples of possible student work are provided.
You may also want to check out my original Wonder by R.J. Palacio Integrated Book Study !
PLEASE NOTE: ALSO: Both the unit as well as this unit have been combined in a money-saving bundle. Check it out here: Wonder and Auggie & Me R.J. Palacio Literature BUNDLE